THE most attractive and alluring part of bodybuilding is probably the building of the biceps. A well-built bicep attracts eyes and turns heads. So every beginner has the aim to build muscular biceps more than anything else with some upper bicep workouts. Instead of walking to the gym, you can have some home bicep workout.
Before you plan to go for intense inner bicep workout with all your attention towards your biceps, it is important to know what biceps are. Bicep is a large muscle in the upper arm which turns the hand to face palm and flexes the forearm and the arm. To have a good build biceps at home you have to know the best exercises that reap good results and are safe on your muscles and bones.
Here is a list of bicep workouts for men and for women as well that help you have fast and safe results provided they are done properly and daily.
List of Bicep Workouts
Hammer Dumb-bell curls
To perform hammer dumb-bell curls, hold a dumb-bell in each hand and allow your hand to hang down on either side of you with palms facing your thighs instead of forward as in barbell curl. It helps bodybuilders to improve their biceps peak. Most people adopt a little bit of wrist rotation as they curl up.
Alternating Dumb-Bell Curl
- Alternating Dumb-bell Curl
- A dumb-bell is a short bar having weights on both ends generally used in pairs for exercise. In alternating dumb-bell curl, the dumb-bell in each hand is lifted one at a time maintaining proper body posture.
- Alternating dumb-bell curl
- E-z bar biceps curl
- it is a variation of barbell curl on the ground that the rod is in a shape of an “E” or a “Z”. It is good for giving your wrist and elbows a break from barbell curl. It is argued that using an e-z bar is more comfortable than a normal bar.
- E-z bar biceps curl
- Barbell Curl for Biceps
- Continue the movement till the biceps is fully contracted and the bar is at shoulder Hold the contracted position for a second and squeeze the biceps hard.Thereafter slowly begin to bring back the bar to starting position while you breathe in.Repeat as per recommendation.For all barbell avoid cheating by leaning back.
- Stand up with your torso upright while holding a barbell at shoulder width grip. The palm of your hands should be facing forward and elbows should be close to the torso. Allow the upper arm to be stationery, curl the weights while contracting the biceps as you breathe out.
- Barbell curl
- List of Bicep Workouts
- For chin up, grab the pull up bar with palms facing your torso and a grip closer than shoulder As you breathe out, pull your torso up to the level till your head reaches the level of the pull-up bar. After seconds of squeezing the biceps lower your torso to the starting position.
- Incline dumb-bell curl
- For incline dumb-bell curl sit back and put your body weight on an incline bench with a dumb-bell in each hand at arm’s length. Keep your elbow close to the torso; rotate the palm to face forward. Keep upper arm stationery, contract the biceps fully and the dumb-bells are at shoulder Then slowly go back to starting position. There are mixed reviews on this exercise. The inclined posture increases the stretch on the long head, while the hammer takes away a part of the tension negating the benefit of the position.
- Standing Biceps Cable Curl:
- Stand up with your torso upright, holding a cable curl being attached to a lower Grab the cable curl and keeping the upper arm stationery curl the weight with cable contracting the biceps. Continue the movement till the bar is at your shoulder level and the biceps are completely contracted.Then; gradually move back to your starting position. This exercised is performed without a dumb-bell.
- There is the need to do other exercises for beginners to burn fat and to increase size. So if you are a beginner do not go crazy about bodybuilding before you have gathered all the information. All the seven exercise listed above are said to be the best one for biceps building. However, it is very important that proper methods are followed while performing them and you maintain proper nutrition in your food habits.
- A little mistake can have a massive and disastrous effect on your physique. So perform exercise only under proper supervision and after knowing all there if’s and but’s. And yes, any random exercise that people suggest as best home bicep workout may not be as beneficial as they say. Muscles can be severely affected if subjected to improper exercise under your regular schedule. So, it would be an act of an insane to start doing anything and everything THAT YOU HEAR without any advice or consultation with experts or experienced people.