The most hateful part of our body is the belly where fat gets accumulated easily. No matter what exercise we do, or how balanced diet we eat, it seems the belly fat does not want to leave us easily.
I often see women pointing at their bellies with depressed faces and asking ‘how to get rid of this?’ Some have also reported that the exercises they are doing to tone up their bellies are taking ages to give results.
But the biggest mistake people generally do to lose fat from the belly is to use those ‘ab belts’ that promise to cut extra fat from the belly within 7 days. Naturally, these belts will not work properly as they work from the outside and 50 percent of our body fat is located under the skin.
Therefore anyone who wants to tone up her belly fat needs to do the right set of exercise that will actually target her belly fats. Here I am giving you the details of 5 best belly-flattening exercises which will give you faster results if you stay consistent.
5 Great Abs Workouts for Women ~ Get Flat Stomach Without Hitting the GYM
Squat Thrust with Twist
The squat thrust with twist exercise is the easiest one among all the 5, also gives the best results. For the beginners, 5 sets each on two sides are enough. More than that can lead to body and muscle pain. Once your body is accustomed to the exercise you can increase the set. This exercise targets your stomach, thighs, butt, obliques, shoulders, and chest. Do 3 sets, with 16 reps to your left and to your right. One of the most effective abs workout for women at home, without hitting the gym.
How To Do It
- Stand erect on the ground.
- Now keep your feet and shoulder width apart.
- Start extending your arms in front of you at the height of the shoulder.
- Begin the exercise by squatting down- bending your knees to 90 degrees.
- Also, start twisting your upper body simultaneously to the left.
- After that complete the same set on the right.
- Always keep your weight on your heels and do not let your knees to move forward from your toes.
- You need to keep your knees facing to the forward as your chest and shoulder both move from side to side.
- To do it incorrectly, try to bend your knees approximately to 90 degrees if possible.
- Abs Workout for Women Video
Abdominal Hold Exercise For Flat Belly
For the beginners, this exercise may seem tough but trust me this exercise will going to prove you really beneficial as it burns belly fat faster. It will also tone up your butt.
How to Do It?
- Take a sturdy chair which can take your weight without twisting.
- Sit tall on the edge of the chair with your knees closed
- Put your hands on the edge of the chair while your fingertips will be pointed toward your knees.
- Now tighten your abs and lift your but with the help of your hands.
- Lift until the toes are 2-4 inches off the ground.
- Now hold this position for 5 to 10 seconds (according to your capability).
- Then release the position slowly and sit relax.
- Again repeat the steps for 1 minute approximately.
- How to get a Flat Stomach Exercise Video
The Hundred ~ Best Workout Plan for Flat Tummy
The name of the exercise is hundred as you need do 10 sets of exercise 10 times. The exercise is mainly about inhaling and exhaling so that your body can get enough oxygen for detoxing. Though sounds easy but it is an extremely tiring exercise but you need to practice it continuously if you really want to fit in that beautiful dress of yours.
How to do it
- Lie down flat on the floor or on the mattress.
- Now bend your knees towards your chest.
- Curl up your head, neck, and shoulders like pilates curl.
- Now hover your hands up just right about the height of your abdominal wall.
- Then extend your legs long to 45 degrees while the heels are together and the toes are apart.
- Now the most important part where you need to start pumping your arms up and down vigorously.
- While pumping you need to inhale with your nose for 5 seconds and exhale through your mouth for 5 seconds.
- Now repeat this, set of 10 seconds for 10 times in the same position. It will be tiring and maybe your knees will start to bend.
- No need to worry about that just complete your hundred.
- In case it becomes really tough for you to finish then leave it in the middle but try to complete it by practicing more.
- Once you complete the set, hold the hand right about the height of your abdominal wall and bring the legs closer to your abdomen.
- Now rest your neck and shoulder and lastly the hand and the legs.
- Good Workout for Women’s Abs Video Tutorial
First time when I heard about this exercise it sounds to me like the pastry ‘choco crunch’ but let me warn you the exercise is not as sweet as the desert rather it takes effort. Those who say exercises are effortless they don’t know a thing about it and the effort you will give will certainly pay you back.
How to do it?
- Do this exercise on a flat floor without any carpets. You can use a thin mattress if you want. Now kneel down on the floor and lean to your right side.
- You need to lean all the way long as much as possible while using your right palm to hold your balance.
- Now while the balance is adjusted on your palm, lift your left leg from the floor and extend. Then straighten the leg on the floor and keep the toes pointed.
- After that keep your left hand behind your head and point your elbow toward the ceiling.
- Then lift your leg to the height of your hip and simultaneously extend your arm forward above your leg while balancing your body weight with the right palm.
- The movement of the face will be according to your left hand.
- Now after repeating it 6 to 8 times come back to your previous position.
- Try to do two sets on each side.
- Video Tutorial for Side Crunch ~ Good Workout for Women’s Abs
Prone Plank Exercise
The Prone Plank exercise is a bit easy for the beginners and also the most effective, as other than burning the belly fat this exercise build core stabilization to help protect the spine.
How to do it?
- Lie flat on the ground while upside down.
- Then lift your body with the help of your knees and elbows.
- Make sure the elbows are right underneath shoulder as to protect your neck.
- Keep your back flat and the abdominals are should be drawn in.
- Also look down towards the floor while keeping this position.
- Now you can keep this position as long as you can. You can start with 10-20 seconds.
- After that move to the full plank position where you need to lift your knees. The back should be flattened. Do not lift your butt or drew in your abdomens closer to the ground.
- Again hold the position for a while. You can repeat this exercise as much as you want.
- Best Exercise for Lower Abs ~ The Prone Prank Video Tutorial
I’m Rhea, a fitness enthusiast, and a food lover. I am a housemaker, foodie, writer from NYC. I am a passionate writer and I love exploring places. Since I love cooking and working out, I am sharing my organic food recipes, fitness and beauty tips with the world. Trying to touch lives with some useful information.