Feeling conscious or embarrassed about having dark inner thighs? Inner thighs are one of the most sensitive skin areas and ignored body parts and people do not give much importance to their care.
In the days of Photoshop we can definitely try and hide some of those ugly scars or pigmentation of skin on Facebook pictures or WhatsApp images but can they be hidden when you are in a beach or sporting a summer dress, cycling or swimming?
There are many natural ways to whiten your inner thighs with simple and quick home remedies. Let’s explore the different causes and solution to get white inner thighs with simple life-hacks.
Causes of Dark Inner Thighs
- Physics says friction is good as nothing will ever stop without it. Sadly friction has some side effects as well. Due to regular friction, the skin in the inner areas become darker over time.
- Poor ventilation is another reason the skin hidden gets darker. When we wear clothes covering areas, it becomes difficult for the skin to breathe and therefore the skin becomes dark.
- Obesity is another primer reason. Almost all the time the skin remains close or touch each other so much that it hardly can breathe. The soft spongy adipose tissues are a real nightmare!
- Moisture due to excessive sweating is bad for skin. People who sweat a lot due to climate, obesity or other physical exercises have to be extra careful about it.
- Age is also a culprit in such cases. We can’t stop aging but we can always try to reverse it.
- Pregnancy also leads to darker areas because this is the time when we care for the unborn little angel more than ourselves. We also tend to gain weight and wear fuller cloths.
15 Best Tips to Lighten Inner Thighs Quickly (Home Remedies)
1. Orange Scrub and Turmeric
Prepare a wonder scrub by mixing orange scrub and turmeric at home. Orange juice has Vitamin C that is effective on dark skin.
Turmeric, on the other hand, worked wonders when mixed together with orange juice and applied in the form of a paste on the skin.
The affected area should be cleaned with lukewarm water. You’ll see results pretty soon.
2. Papaya Scrub
Papaya is known to clear impurities and brighten up your skin. It is a very good skin exfoliator. It should be massaged regularly on the dark spots of the inner thighs with a soft brush to see results.
Honey is another natural body scrub that washes out the dead cells thereby brightening the skin. It is a superb moisturizer as well.
- Mix honey with a few drops of coconut oil.
- Rub on the dark areas for 5 minutes
- Let it be there for 15-20 minutes
- Wash with cool water and pat dry.
- Repeat twice in 7-10 days to reduce dark spots on the skin between thighs.
Cucumber has innumerable good properties. It has skin whitening as well as moisturizing properties.
To see desired results cucumber slices should be rubbed on the inner thighs for 10 minutes on a regular basis. It can be more effective if a few drops of lemon juice are added to the slices.
5. Lemon Juice
The acidic property of lemon works as a natural bleaching agent for dark skin. It is a natural skin whitening agent. The high vitamin C content also encourages new cell growth and is very good for your skin complexion.
When diluted, lemon juice has great cleaning properties which also remove impurities. Astonishing results can be seen if the solution is regularly massaged for 5 minutes followed by a cold water wash.
Do not apply the lemon directly on your skin. It has acidic effects which can lead to skin burning, thereby turning it red.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil also helps lighten hyperpigmentation and moisturizes the skin. It has antioxidant properties that aid in maintaining soft and younger-looking skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in coconut oil
- Apply on the inner thighs gently.
- Let it stay for around 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
You can do apply this every alternate day for effective results.
7. Aloe Vera
Nothing can beat aloe vera as a natural ingredient with high antioxidants. It can repair damaged skin and aid in age reversal by rejuvenating skin cells.
How to Apply Aloe Vera to Lighten Inner Thighs
- Extract pure aloe vera gel from the leaf and massage it directly on the affected skin for 10 minutes. Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. You can do it daily or on alternate days for best results.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with a few drops of almond oil. Apply this mixture on your inner thighs and massage gently until it is absorbed into your skin. Rinse your skin with water after 15-20 minutes. With regular application, you will notice reduced dark patches around your thighs.
Tomato is a good exfoliator and also has anti tan properties, therefore, a natural skin lightening agent.
- Apply to the area of the dark under thighs
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
9. Potato Juice
Potato is a rich source of the catecholase enzyme that can naturally lighten the skin and works as an ultimate bleaching agent.
How to Use Potato Juice to Whiten Dark Inner Thighs
- Grated potato applied on the inner thighs with some corn flour or wheat flour and some lemon juice will make the skin beautiful and fairer.
- Extract some potato juice and add some honey to it. Mix together and apply on the inner thighs. Rinse off the area with cold water after some time for white glowing thighs.
10. Sugar and Olive Oil
The exfoliating properties of sugarcane clean off the dead cells of the skin is well known. The antioxidants in olive oil have antibacterial properties which lead to healthy skin.
Two spoons of sugar and some olive oil mixed together as a scrub is to be massaged on the dark pigmentation between inner thighs in a circular motion followed by a cleansing with lukewarm water.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
When added to some water and applied to the dark areas apple cider vinegar and quickly show results in removing the dark spots on the inner thighs.
It has a natural moisturizer that is a good home remedy to fade the dark spots.
Yogurt is a very gentle and cool bleaching agent that can lighten your dark inner thighs. It has lactic acid and zinc content combats sunburn.
13. Oatmeal Scrub
To lighten the complexion of your thigh skin, regular exfoliation of dead skin cells is necessary. Oatmeal can act as a gentle exfoliant. Try making this easy homemade recipe and treat your dark inner thighs naturally.
How to Make Oatmeal Scrub using Yogurt to Lighten Skin
- Make a paste with equal parts oatmeal and plain yogurt.
- Apply the paste to the darkened area of skin, and gently scrub.
- Wash the paste off of your leg.
Milk has some great cleansing properties of removing the impurities from the skin and decrease the melamine production. It also moisturizes and hydrates the skin. It can lighten your blackish skin color.
To Make Milk DIY Solution
- Add and mix 1 tablespoon milk and 1 tablespoon each of honey and almond oil.
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and get lightened and moisturized skin.
Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E oil, which are great to lighten the skin and maintains the skin cells healthy. Both almonds and almond oil are helpful in reducing the dark discoloration on inner thighs.
How to use Almonds to Lighten Inner Thighs
- In a blender, add almonds and make into dry powder.
- Add some milk to make to the almond powder.
- Add some honey to the mixture and mix well. (Optional)
- Apply the paste on the dark inner thighs.
- Leave it on for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Wet your fingers and gently scrub off the application.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Repeat the process 2 – 3 times in a week for best results.
A lot of people think using baking soda may help you lighten your skin. But we generally do not recommend it as it should be used with great caution. That’s because baking soda may be too harsh for your skin. It could irritate your skin and worsen any skin conditions.
Quick Tips to Cure Dark Inner Thighs
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Apply moisturizer regularly on your inner thighs.
- Avoid wearing tight jeans as the friction can lead to darkness on inner thighs.
- Prefer to use a soft sponge and mild soaps to wash your inner thighs.
- Exfoliating regularly helps to remove dead skin cells and prevent dark discoloration of the skin.
- Avoid shaving too often as it can lead to dark discoloration.
The ultimate bikini body might seem to be a myth but that should not deter you from wearing short dresses. After all dark pigmentation between thighs and underarms can become history if these DIY recipes and home remedies become a part of your beauty regime.
They say prevention is better than cure, we say cure them naturally, quickly and in the best possible ways by using these easily available ingredients. Hola sun!