Chubby cheeks and dimpled chin can make you the teacher’s pet when you are a toddler. But as one grows up the chubby cheeks take an ugly turn towards a double chin and that is no one’s favorite. How we envy the chiseled shaped Divas!
We start believing that we are going to carry the extra load off the chin till our funeral. We are here to find out how to lose chin fat and if there are really some natural and easy home remedies.
Causes of Double Chin
Table of Contents
- Submental fat: Double chin is also called submental fat. Its becomes visible then fat stores below the chin.
- Age: You don’t have to be necessarily fat to be endowed with a double chin. With age, the skin starts sagging. This, in turn, leads to a double chin.
- Obesity: Obesity is the result of excess deposition of adipose tissue in our body. Your chin is no exception to the rule as it also is a part of your body.
- Posture: A bad posture is often the reason for a double chin. The elasticity of the chin area might be affected by a poor posture. This leads to the sagging of the skin and formation of a double chin.
- Genetics: Some people are genetically predisposed to a double chin. They have a family history of skin with little elasticity. If the skin loses its elasticity it cannot hold the fat around the chin firmly.
- Drinking less water: When you drink less water you are not hydrated enough which leads to bloating around the face along with other parts of the body. In other words, there will be water retention which will create the double chin.
We always try and develop best and cheap treatments that can be practiced and followed at home as an easy answer to how to get rid of a saggy skin around our chin.
Of course, there are various chin exercises that can eliminate chin fat. Apart from that, there are several natural remedies around the corner to give us the answer of how to reduce and tighten double chin.
You Must Read: Double Chin Exercise
10 DIY Home Remedies for Getting Rid of Double Chin Naturally
1. Egg White Mask
If you are looking for an overnight remedy to eliminate your double chin, then egg white mask is the answer. Known for its skin tightening properties it has been trusted since ages for various skin tightening regimes.
- And 2 egg whites with milk, honey and lemon juice followed by a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Massage on the neck, chin, and jaw for 25 minutes.
- Let it dry for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water after sometime.
2. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter improves the elasticity of the skin around the chin.
- Heat a few tablespoons of cocoa butter in the microwave and massage for few minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
For best results follow this routine twice a day, in the morning and at night.
You Must Read: How to Remove Underarm Fat Naturally
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil has vitamin E and antioxidants which provides nourishment to the skin. It also protects the skin from getting damaged.
Massage with warm olive oil and let it stay overnight it will give you miraculous results.
4. Wheat Germ Oil
This is one holy oil that contains vitamin E which nourishes and tightens the skin around the jaws.
- Add a little wheat germ oil to some lemon juice.
- Apply it on your jaw in the upward direction.
- Massage for about five minutes
- Let it sit on your skin overnight.
Regular use will show visible results.
5. Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is an age-old method to detoxify our body. It is a great therapy for oral health. It involves the muscles of the face. For this simple reason, it is effective in reducing double chin.
- A tablespoon of coconut oil mixed with sesame oil is what it takes for the oil pulling.
- Swish it into the mouth and keep doing so for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spits the oil out and wash your mouth.
If done every morning it will be effective in providing a slimmer chin.
6. Chewing Gum
Don’t we often wonder about the purpose of inventing chewing gum?
It seems we have an answer to that. It was definitely with the intention of exercising the muscles of the face and neck area. It tones the muscles and helps to eliminate the fat and tighten double chin.
7. Melon Mask
Melons keep the skin hydrated and prevent it from sagging. Its high antioxidant content works in a number of ways.
- Blend half a melon with water.
- Apply all over the neck and chin. Let it dry for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Used it once daily to see visible effects in a week.
8. Vitamin E
Vitamin D is a good moisturizing agent and it helps the skin to a great extent in remaining youthful and tight. Apart from that, it is a good food for the skin that keeps it healthy and glowing.
- Take two or three bottle vitamin capsules and break them on your palm.
- Now apply the content on the neck, job and chin area.
- Massage it for 2 to 3 minutes
- Leave it overnight.
Watch The Miracle!
Combining egg with glycerin in this remedy helps in tightening the skin as well as hydrates the dry skin from deep within.
- Mix equal amount of glycerin and honey. Add one egg.
- Apply the mask over clean face and neck for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
Do it for at least twice a week to get a beautiful youthful chin.
10. Green Tea
Green tea because of its diuretic properties helps against water retention to reduce chin fat.
Include a cup morning and evening to your diet and wash the fat away.
Apart from various home remedies, exercise and various treatments ate also effective in reducing the chin fat. Though they can be time consuming and expensive.
So if you want to reduce it and look confident and chiseled, the above-mentioned remedies will definitely won’t be a downer.
You Must Read: Exercises to Getting Rid of Double Chin